New / Improved Functions
ETL Data Pipelines
- You can now customize the schedule for the automatic execution of ETL data pipelines. Predefined schedules are available and you can also set custom schedules. Read more on ETL schedules in this section.
- We’ve introduced feature sets to control access to the ETL data pipeline configuration. Read more on the feature sets in this section.
SiGNAL – Signavio Analytics Language
- We’ve enabled SiGNAL for all workspaces. So, this query language is now available to all users who can configure widgets. Read more in the SiGNAL reference or get started with the SiGNAL tutorial.
- We’ve extended SiGNAL as follows:
- You can count the number of distinct values of an evaluated expression. Read more on the COUNT (DISTINCT) function in this section.
- You can create a table with the distinct values of an evaluated expression. Read more on the SELECT DISTINCT expression in this section.
- You can count the number of occurrences of events in a sequence, that is, identify reworks. Read more on the OCCURRENCE function in this section.
- You can collect data across multiple records and group the results by one or more columns. Read more on the GROUP BY clause in this section.
- You can flatten the nested table with the event attributes in a way that each event attribute becomes a top-level row. Read more on the FLATTEN operator in this section.
- We’ve activated Metrics Libraries for all workspaces. Until recently, only three libraries were available for everyone, while others were available on request.
With this change, everyone can now select from a wide best-practice selection of metrics from any of the supported processes:
- Lead to Quote
- Lead to Opportunity
- Procure to Pay
- Order to Cash
- Incident to Resolution
- We also offer metrics for specific aspects:
- Service level agreements
- Cycle Time
Process data analysis
- We’ve extended the widget features as follows:
- We were able to close the functionality gap between widget types. In widgets configured with attributes, metrics, or a SiGNAL query, the drill-down and filter functions are now fully available.
- There is a new chart type for the Breakdown widget: With the multiple axis chart you can display two metrics to illustrate the relationship between the metrics. Read more on the chart types in this section.
- When widgets are configured with metrics, you can display the SiGNAL query including the applied filters by selecting the “SiGNAL View” in the configuration dialog. You can also copy the SiGNAL code from the widget preview. Read more on the view options in the widget configuration dialog in the sections SiGNAL-based configuration and Metric-based configuration.
- When copying a widget, existing thresholds are taken over from the source widget. Read more on working with widgets in this section.
- In the Value widget, you can specify the number of decimal places and a rounding procedure. Read more on this setting in this section.
- The CSV export is now available for all widgets that are configured with a SiGNAL query. Find a list of widgets that offer SiGNAL-based configuration in this section.
- We’ve improved and extended the Process Discovery widget. Read more on the widget in this section. The following has changed:
- You can now resize the graph to fit the widget size.
- We’ve updated the overall design of the activities and connections: the numbers are shortened and details are displayed when you hover over an activity or connection. You can click connections and activities to highlight them visually.
- You can select paths and activities to create filters based on this selection.
- We’ve improved the user interface:
- When you upload process data files, you can now better see the upload status. Read more on the upload of process data in this section.
- The configuration of thresholds in widgets is easier. Thresholds can be set in the widgets Value, Breakdown, Distribution, and Over time.
- We’ve cleaned up the user interface for filter creation in investigations. Read more on filters in this section.
- Workspace administrators can now see usage statistics, for example how many processes are created and what is the amount of cases and events in your data. Read more on the process data volume in this section.
- We have introduced additional functions for investigations:
- You can duplicate investigations within a process. Read more in this section.
- You can now change the data view for an investigation. Read more on data views in this section.
- You can copy chapters including their widgets and filters within an investigation or to a different investigation. Read more on this setting in this section.
- You can copy a widget to another chapter in your investigation or to a different investigation. Read more on this setting in this chapter.
- When you selected a chapter in the sidebar of long investigations, the wrong chapter was displayed. We’ve fixed this.
- When you changed a widget filter with minimum and maximum values, the new result wasn’t displayed until the widget was reloaded. This no longer happens.
- We’ve fixed a bug that caused an investigation to not refresh after the upload of process data files.
- When the upload of process data failed, no error was displayed. We’ve fixed this.
- On the “Data” tab in the process settings, the wrong number of cases was displayed. We’ve fixed this.
- The SiGNAL query preview is also displayed for invalid metrics.
- In the Value widget, rounding up or down didn’t work correctly. We’ve fixed this.
- It wasn’t possible to embed widgets using the widget ID when pie chart was selected as the chart type. We’ve fixed this.
Please note that this software release is deployed to our different systems https://app-au.signavio.com, https://editor.signavio.com and https://app-us.signavio.com over the next few days. You can check the current software version in the help menu.