August 17th 2014
Changes in 8.1.1 Version (SaaS)
New & Improved Features
- Using hours of labor in Simulation. We’ve optimized the simulator to allow for more detailed breakdowns of workdays. Thus far the Simulator assumed that process resources were consumed universally on a 24 hour schedule. Now you can set up an individual timetable for every resource in the case that variations exist. For example, you may wish to record and test employee work hours of Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- From the modeling view, the simulation capability check now shows elements which are ignored from the simulation.
- BPMN 2.0 XML Roundtrip: The import/export interoperability with other BPMN tools has been improved in the context of the OMG® MIWG initiative.
- Modeling Conventions: Two new rules in the modeling conventions.
1) Having multiple sequence flows between two objects is not proper BPMN, so Signavio now points out sequence flows which have the same source and the same target.
2) Intermediate tasks should be properly attached, and not simply overlaid on the would-be associated task. Now hovering over an object with an intermediate task activates the attach feature, which simply highlights the object in green signaling the attachment can be made.
- QuickModel: Produce fully compliant BPMN 2.0 diagrams now that QuickModel is equipped with the pool naming feature. The intelligent system automatically attributes the name of the organization to the title of the pool. These processes are also aligned with the Signavio Best Practices modeling conventions.
- When using multiple languages in your diagrams you can now select one of these languages for a report.
- When using Mozilla Firefox, the simulation report has a mislabeled file ending.
- In certain cases, the “Step-by-Step” simulation does not respond to user input.
- At low resolutions, the option to restore an older revision of a diagram is not shown in the Activity Feed.
- The print preview in the BPM Collaboration Portal trims the text of longer descriptions.
- In certain cases, the exported BPMN 2.0 XML file is not compliant with the BPMN 2.0 XML schema when the process includes lanes and data objects.
- The use of “Creating Free Space” in the Signavio Editor detaches intermediate events from tasks.