New / Improved Functions
Logo and color
We have updated our logo and the colors for all SAP Signavio products to ensure a consistent user experience across SAP software solutions.
Process analysis and mining
We’ve introduced a new process-mining canvas: the dashboard. You can use it to carry out in-depth process mining analysis, tell your story using data visualizations, and present highlights of your data story or track KPIs. Dashboards provide the following capabilities:
- You can visualize data in widgets, grouping different aspects of complex processes on separate pages.
- The layout of a dashboard is flexible. You can resize widgets based on your preference and drag and drop them anywhere on the dashboard.
- Multiple users can work simultaneously on a dashboard without overriding each other’s work. So, you can make changes that don't need to be saved, for example, when you change filters for exploration purposes.
- You can filter the data on your dashboard as usual. To facilitate easier exploration with filters, you can disable and enable dashboard filters without having to delete and recreate the filters.
- Data views and access rights to process data apply in the same way as for investigations. However, dashboards come with extended visibility options for users who can view a dashboard: Users with the consumer role can edit the dashboard but can’t save their changes, whereas users with the analyst role can edit the dashboard and save their changes to a new dashboard.
We’ve improved the metrics as follows:
- You now find the metrics you need faster with new filtering, sorting, and searching capabilities in the metrics library. Read how to add metrics from the library in this section.
- When browsing metrics in the library, you can preview the query and settings of each metric by clicking a metric.
- To provide a better overview of the metrics in the library, we’ve improved the user interface. You no longer browse and select metrics in a small menu, instead a whole browser page is available for this purpose.
- We’ve introduced a new name: The metric collection denotes the set of metrics assigned to a process.
- We’ve extended the information that’s displayed in the metric collection to facilitate metrics management. In addition to the name, the aggregation type, and the status, it is now also displayed in how many widgets a metric is used. This is especially helpful if you want to delete a metric.
- For metrics with variables, you had to manually assign values. Now, when you select a source system for your process, the metric's variables are automatically populated with values when you add a new metric to the process. Read how to auto-assign variable values in this section.
We’ve improved the insights as follows:
- To save you some time and improve the user experience, we’ve cleaned up the user interface for insights and their generation and removed unnecessary clicks from the user flow. Read how to generate insights in this section.
- You can now generate insights with only those metrics and attributes that are most relevant to you. Read how to narrow down insights generation in this section.
We’ve introduced the commenting feature to SAP Signavio Process Intelligence. It’s currently limited to insights and the following actions are available:
- Add comments to insights
- Reply to comment
- View insights comments
- Edit comments
- Delete comments
We’ve added notifications to SAP Signavio Process Intelligence. Only creators and assignees are notified of changes made to insights. Also, the following actions are available:
- Get to the insight by clicking a notification
- Mark one or all notifications as read
To increase accessibility and save you some clicks, we’ve moved the management page for custom attributes from the process settings to the sidepanel of your process. Read how to access and create custom attributes in this section.
Widgets that will be phased out
As announced in the last release, the Variable Importance/Relate widget is being discontinued. With this release, users can no longer create new widgets of this type or edit existing ones.
Phase out schedule:
- From September 28 to the end of December 2022, existing widgets will remain in investigations, with their analysis results being updated every time the widget is re-loaded. But, users can't create new widgets of this type or edit existing ones.
- Starting January 2023, all existing Variable Importance/Relate widgets will be removed from all investigations.
As an alternative to the widget, you can use the insights feature. When generating automated insights, the correlation of all case level attributes with numerical values is calculated. The strongest correlations are then displayed as insights. Read more on insights in this section.
Process data management
We’ve improved the data transformation pipeline and script editor as follows:
- In the data transformation pipeline, you can now enable or disable business objects and their case attributes and event collectors. With these options, you can remove queries from the data transformation pipeline and event log generation. Read more in this section.
- To help you quickly manage code, the script editor now provides a new list of shortcuts in business objects. For example, you can now batch comment the code with the toggle comment shortcut. Read more in this section.
- Grid controls such as zoom in, zoom out, and reset are now available to view data models with ease. Read more in this section.
We’ve introduced terminology changes in the user interface. To make the feature terms more intuitive and use the terminology that is familiar to users, we’ve replaced the following feature terms with new terms.
- "ETL" is changed to “Process data management”
- "Data models" is changed to “Process data pipelines”
- "Integrations" is changed to “Source data”
- "Data sources" is changed to “Connections”
- "Source system" is changed to “Connection type”
We’ve extended the data ingestion capability. With the integration of SAP Signavio Process Intelligence and SAP Data Intelligence Cloud, it is now possible to extract data from tables with more than 100 million rows. With this integration, you can collect data from source systems that aren't supported in process data management. Read more in this section.
SAP Signavio analytics language (SIGNAL)
We've introduced LIKE and ILIKE expressions. You can use these expressions to search for a specified string pattern in a column with string data type. The LIKE expression matches case-sensitive string patterns, whereas the ILIKE expression matches case-insensitive string patterns. This provides flexible string comparison using wildcards, improved string filtering and bucketing, and flexible process variant filtering using BEHAVIOUR and MATCHES expressions. Read more in this section.
SAP Signavio Process Accelerators
We’ve improved the documentation of SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Accelerators as follows:
- The template documentation is now accessible from within SAP Process Intelligence without logging into the documentation website separately. Read how to view the template documentation in SAP Process Intelligence in this section. When you want to read the template documentation on the documentation website, you still need to request access from your Customer Success Manager.
- You can now access the metrics documentation on the documentation website without logging into.
We’ve added the following new data transformation templates:
- Operate-to-Maintain for SAP ECC
- Operate-to-Maintain for SAP S/4HANA
- Lead-to-Opportunity for SAP Sales Cloud
We’ve added the following Invoice-to-Pay metrics to the metric library:
- Automation rate for invoice clearing
- Manual invoice posting
- Number of open overdue invoices
- Late payment rate
- Early payment rate
- On-time payment rate
- No-Touch invoice processing rate
- Payment block rate
- Late purchase order creation
- Invoices without purchase order
- Percentage of baseline date changes
- Payment terms differences
- Price difference on the invoice compared to the purchase order
- Invoices with immediate payment terms
- Days payables outstanding
- Average time of goods receipt to invoice posting
- Duration of payment blocks
- Ratio of overdue invoices
- Currently blocked invoices
- Automatic payment block removal
- Two-way match rate
- Percentage of reversed invoices
- Dunning rate
- Missed cash discounts
- Lost cash discount despite in-time payment
- Parked invoices
- Invoices without goods receipt
- Total overdue invoice amounts
We've add the following metrics for Lead-to-Opportunity in SAP Sales Cloud:
- Average lead conversion time
- Average lead response time
- Average opportunity lost time
- Average opportunity win time
- Average number of contact persons per opportunity
- Average number of employee changes per opportunity
- Average number of touchpoints per opportunity
- Opportunity with leads
- Opportunities without lead
- Total number of qualified leads
- Total number of won opportunities
- Total of leads converted
- Total of leads declined
- Total number of closed opportunities
- Total number of open opportunities
- Lead conversion rate
- Leads converted with qualification
- Leads converted without qualification
- No-touch opportunity
- No-touch won opportunity
- Win ratio
- Win/loss ratio
- Total amount of opportunity expected revenue
- Total amount of opportunity expected revenue lost
- Total amount of opportunity expected revenue won