May 4th 2013
- Simulation:The Signavio Simulation feature allows you to visualize process runs and to run analyses based on configurable scenarios in order to gain information about cost, cycle times, resources and bottlenecks.
There are three different simulation modes: Step-by-step simulation, one-case simulation and multiple-case simulation. (The step-by-step simulation is available in the CORPORATE EDITION. The one-case simulation and multiple-case simulation functions are exclusively available in the ULTIMATE EDITION).
- Attribute visualization layers allow you to display attributes directly on the diagram canvas using different icons and colors. In the course of this, you can create and configure custom rules that define the state of each visualization layer. For example, you can create a rule, that tasks with costs higher than $15 will be marked with a red icon, tasks with costs between $10 and $ 15 with a yellow icon and tasks with costs lower than $10 with a green icon. (The attribute visualization layers are exclusively available in the ULTIMATE EDITION).
- The new data type “table” allows you to define custom table attributes. These tables can be displayed in the process portal as well as in process documentation files.
- Modelling Guidelines Wiki: Modeling guidelines define a complex set in order to support business process modelers with a tool to stick to quality standards and to ensure a consistent modeling style within your organization. The web page offers detailed descriptions this rules as well as examples to make it easier to grasp all the aspects of high quality business process modeling.
- Extended modeling rules:
- “Consistency between superprocesses and subprocesses”: In case this rule is applied to pools or boundary/attached events, an infringement of the rule in a sub process will be displayed in the super process and vice versa.
- “Consistent incoming and outgoing behavior of edges”: This rules has been slightly mitigated and now allows more cases.
- “Usage of a defined BPMN subset”: Now you can configure this rule to check the usage of a self-defined subset.
- When accessing the Collaboration Portal as a reader, it is now possible to hide the Signavio logo in the print view.
- In the editing view, comments can be copy and pasted.
- Configuring own headers and footers in the custom process documentation templates has been improved, so layouting is more intuitive.
- The responsibility assignment report now contains to additional tabs to display internal and external transfers.
- QuickModel: Instead of the (translated) label of drop down attributes the attribute value is displayed.
- If a process portal user tries to access a link to another diagram or a file he has no access to, in some cases an empty web page is displayed instead of an informative alert.
- BPMN 2.0 XML import/export:
- Sequence flows are slightly displaced in some cases.
- The name of group element is not exported.
- The event type of event sub processes is not exported.
- In some cases message elements are not on the defined location after importing. Opening an re-saving the diagram solves the issue.
- In some cases links to documents are not displayed correctly in the Collaboration Portal in case the editing user had now permission to access these documents at the time he saved the diagram.
- When a work space is configured as multi-lingual, the description of dictionary entries are always displayed in the default language.
- When editing rich text attributes using the Internet Explorer 9 indented enumerations might be display incorrectly.
- In certain cases the generation of process documentations might fail due to false text formatting.
- In some cases it is possible to attach throwing intermediate events to tasks in BPMN diagrams, though it is only allowed to attach catching intermediate events.
- In rare cases the cost and resource analysis check might falsely detect a deadlock.
- In some cases it is not possible to sort attributes in the process documentation templates alphabetically.
- In rare cases linked documents can’t be deleted from dictionary entries.
- In some cases the order of pages of the configurable process documentation templates changes after re-editing.