One of the world’s largest plant breeding companies, KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA (KWS Group) is a trusted partner for farmers seeking high-quality, high-yield seed – from corn to sugar beets to cereals. With operations in more than 70 countries, KWS is seeding the future for generations.
The IT landscape of KWS is continuously evolving. The transition to SAP S/4HANA is a major milestone in achieving their two-fold mission of helping farmers get the most out of their seeds on healthy soils and helping increase the supply of good food for a growing world population.
To provide even better service, KWS is transitioning their SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) to SAP S/4HANA Cloud. End-to-end processes run across multiple areas of KWS business. Some, like finance, procurement, order management, and human resources, use SAP; others, like research and breeding, use non-SAP. SAP Signavio and LeanIX products are instrumental in understanding impact of change so that KWS can quickly make the right planning decisions for the transformation, and smoothly execute on those plans.
Supporting Transformation with SAP Signavio Process Transformation Suite and LeanIX Enterprise Architecture Management
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- No single source of truth of the IT landscape – opportunity to harmonize applications
- Only as-is process documented on current IT system – no visibility on planned changes
- Lack of transparency on integration points from SAP to non-SAP solutions for mission critical processes
- Difficult to connect current and planned applications with processes when standardizing commodity business processes and scaling operations
Why SAP and LeanIX?
- SAP Signavio Process Transformation Suite supports enterprise-wide process coverage for the KWS organization of 6,000 employees, providing the necessary visibility and collaboration to transform processes
- LeanIX Enterprise Architecture Management creates visibility across the IT landscape by connecting processes with applications, interfaces, and other critical IT components
- Collaborative features provide the ability to connect stakeholders from commodity and core business units
After: Value-Driven Results
- Transparency over processes, applications, interfaces, and IT components in current and target architecture, enabling business to make strategic decisions in IT planning
- Faster implementation of process optimization due to clarity of dependencies across business and IT
- Helps define a common language for discussions on transitioning to SAP S/4HANA in major commodity areas as well as for faster-moving areas where KWS is differentiating in the market place
"Using Signavio and LeanIX in concert helps us relate our business processes to the supporting IT architecture with keeping the big picture of our enterprise in sight."
Dr. Henk Groth, Enterprise Architect, KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA