Alongside the usual team of Signavio experts, we will be joined at the event by Michael Lewis of EMRC Partners, who will give a presentation in the technology stream outlining how companies could turn traditional approaches to process design upside down using Signavio products.
are a niche management consulting firm specialising in BPM and Data Analytics. A client and partner of Signavio, EMRC will endeavour to answer the question, “Is the traditional approach to process change upside-down? Achieving success by thinking differently”.
Michael Lewis will draw on high-level examples of how traditional and potentially stagnant processes can be turned upside down to transform the efficiency and collaborative success of a company. These examples will include:
- Moving away from IT led-change or where IT is a bottleneck to a business-led model-driven approach.
- Moving away from personal, ad-hoc modelling to a standards-based approachto modelling processes and separating business process logic from business rules/decision logic.
- Moving from designing processes bottom-up to modelling processes top-down.
- Moving away from a linear approach to modelling processes (first by the business and then by IT) to a joint, integrated approach to modelling both business and IT processes at the same time using .
- Moving away from BPMN as simply a graphical language (where the model is still “paper-based”) to designing executable BPMN models that can that implement business driven development.
- Moving from having only 1-2 process experts inside an organisation to everyone within the company having visibility of the process and the ability to collaborate.
- Using success metrics to inform process design rather than thinking about process performance measurement after the process has already been designed.
- Moving from ad-hoc business process improvement initiatives to a continuous framework for process improvement.
It promises to be a comprehensive talk and client case study that will demonstrate the wealth of possibilities collaborative BPM can bring about in a company, with an engaging and visual presentation.
As usual, our experts will be also be available throughout the day to show you how to optimize your BPM projects by using the Signavio Process Editor and Signavio Decision Manager. Come along and learn the latest about Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Decision Management (BDM).
We look forward to meeting you in London!