Using Business Process Management to Lead the Way to a New Way of Working
Starting out in 1881 as a metals trading company, GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft is now one of the world’s largest suppliers of systems and components to the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical sectors. Roughly every second liter of beer, a quarter of the world’s processed milk, and every fourth liter of human blood for making plasma-derived products touches equipment from GEA.
Its portfolio includes machinery and plants as well as advanced process technology, components, and comprehensive services that enhance production-process sustainability and efficiency across diverse industries around the globe.
GEA devised a five-year strategy to accelerate sustainable, profitable growth and focus on sustainability, innovation, and digital solutions. To realize this, the company is working to build full process transparency, create a single source of truth for company data, and integrate new processes across its business, fundamentally changing how the company operates and delivers value to customers.
Shaping Business Process Management as the Backbone of Operational Excellence with SAP® Signavio® Solutions
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- Simplification and streamlining of heterogeneous and nonstandardized processes across approximately 200 legal entities around the world
- Consolidation of 67 disparate ERP applications in 60 countries
- Need for transparency across processes and data to be fit for future operations
- Integrated suite of solutions to support business process management (BPM) excellence offered by the SAP® Signavio® portfolio
- Rich capabilities to document, model, and analyze business processes and improve collaboration across those processes with the SAP Signavio Process Manager solution and SAP Signavio Process Collaboration Hub
- Intuitive technology with strong adoption from a global community of users improving levels of collaboration
After: Value-Driven Results
- Orchestrated the dual transformation of BPM and the ERP environment
- Created one source of truth and enabled transparency across the entire BPM lifecycle
- Built a strong global community around processes and achieved strong adoption
“We elevated our business process management transformation using SAP Signavio solutions and by connecting people, process, technology, and top management sponsorship to unleash the energy needed to shape the future of our organization together.”
Daniela Weiss, Senior Vice President, Corporate Business Process Management, GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft