Hirslanden: Improving Patient Well-Being Through Business Process Transformation
Unifying Disparate Business Processes into a Single Intelligent Platform
Ocean Network Express (ONE) Pte. Ltd is a leading global container shipping company with more than 8,000 employees, a global fleet of over 250 vessels, and a service network covering over 120 countries. The company was formed in 2017 as a result of a merger of three large Japanese shipping lines and is now the sixth largest fleet in the world.
The new entity needed to synchronize the business processes of the three companies and transform them into one unified core of operations.
ONE wanted to use business process management technology to build an innovative platform with a single source of truth that could help improve its processes while reducing costs and increasing efficiencies across the new global organization.
Driving Excellence Through Improved Process Modeling, Collaboration, and Workflows with SAP® Signavio® Solutions
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- Need to harmonize disparate business processes to support a successful merger of three companies
- Elimination of independent practices and misalignment between business areas through a centralization of process management
- Shift from a reactive business process management approach to a more strategic and proactive one
- Maximization of the value of operational systems by maintaining and improving existing procedures
- Business process management capabilities in the SAP® Signavio® Process Manager and SAP Signavio Process Governance solutions and SAP Signavio Process Collaboration Hub
- Support for simplified model creation, collaborative input, and extensive business process intelligence
- Innovative modeling and simulation capabilities for designing improved processes and increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to increase collaboration and connection of stakeholders from various business units and create a single source of truth for business processes
After: Value-Driven Results
- Collaborative transformation process that streamlined integration and maximized employee use
- Process improvements, which lead to time and cost savings in areas such as invoice management, cut-off operations, and booking management
- Establishment of a Center of Excellence that embedded business process management within all key areas of the business and within key strategic projects
“SAP Signavio solutions helped us implement a solid business process management strategy as part of our digital transformation. This strategy is now an integral part of how we do business today and manage our future business demands.”
Olaf Brecheisen, Deputy General Manager Offshore Management, Ocean Network Express Pte. Ltd
Using Business Process Management as a Strategic Driver for Rapid Growth and Change
Ocean Network Express (ONE) Pte. Ltd built a strategic business process management platform with SAP® Signavio® solutions that provides a solid foundation for the company to achieve superior business outcomes in a fast-changing market. SAP and ONE worked together with employees throughout the company using an agile methodology to build a business process framework that produced results early and frequently.
The new platform helps employees complete core tasks much faster and collaborate across more than 20 countries. Process synchronization through innovative modeling and simulation capabilities has helped ONE address misalignment, discrepancies, and decentralization.
The platform gives ONE the ability to combine and execute financial, operational, and commercial strategies in unison. The implementation delivered improved process identification, efficiency gains, and cost reductions across regions and business units that have transformed the fundamental way of working at ONE.
As an example, in the Latin America region, ONE has reduced time and effort for issue arrival notices by 73% and management of cut-offs by 70%. A 74% reduction in time and effort of bookings management potentially could lead to a savings of US$500,000.