HELLER develops and produces advanced computerized numerical control (CNC) machining tools and manufacturing systems for machining operations. To keep its position as front-runner in the market, HELLER is embarking on a digital transformation initiative aiming for more automation and an increased focus on core competencies and innovation.
To help ensure an efficient technological transition and drive change, HELLER followed a data-driven, process-centric strategy. The insight into business processes that the company gained quickly revealed new areas for digitalization and automation, helping it to prioritize focus areas for its transformation.
Gaining New Perspectives Quickly and Underpinning Strategic Discussions
Before: Challenges and Opportunities
- Identify harmonization opportunities, reduce process complexity and testing effort for the move from legacy SAP® ERP systems to SAP S/4HANA® Cloud
- Eliminate backlogs to improve process performance and mitigate project risk
- Identify areas for pre-migration process improvement and determine innovation roadmap after the transition using SAP S/4HANA Cloud capabilities
- Flexible analysis on business process performance with the SAP Signavio® Process Insights solution
- Native SAP solutions that delivers out-of-the-box best practices, business content and readily available improvement recommendations, based on insights from SAP systems
- Minimal setup effort for reduced time-to-insight and faster time-to-value
- Ease of use for business users; no dedicated expertise on data science and process analysis needed
- High customer-centricity and service-orientation of the SAP team
After: Value-Driven Results
- Uncovered potential areas for digitalization that had not previously been considered
- Facilitated business decisions and opened the door for discussions on new simplification and automation areas to accelerate a shift towards a stronger focus on core competencies and innovation
- Helped prioritize key data quality and data management projects by showing the potential value
- Provided data-driven view on the most relevant potential process blockers
- Laid the groundwork for a successful migration and digital transformation of the business
"SAP Signavio Process Insights has opened up completely new ways of thinking for us. For the first time, we have a holistic overview of our business process landscape, which will enable us to make decisions based on hard data, rather than gut feeling."
Sebastian Fügner, Inhouse Consultant BI & Analytics, Gebr. Heller Maschinenfabrik GmbH