With the upcoming release of Process Governance 3.96 (in calendar week 31), we will introduce an improved date field validation in Signavio Process Governance.
What is going to change?
In the upcoming version 3.96 an improved date field check will be introduced. The check verifies whether a given year is truly valid, to prevent any issues from occurring later on.
Valid years are numbers between 1 and 9999. An invalid year hand can be introduced to the system in two different ways:
2. Sending invalid years via a custom data connector
When using a custom data connector, information that is used in your workflow is sent from an external database. If this connector sends invalid date values, the values cannot not be used and therefore not be selected as an entry in a user form.
The new validation in the case execution will prevent the creation of invalid dates during case execution in your workflows. An invalid year can lead to false data in our database and therefore leads to broken reports and unexpected behaviour of the system.
Does the change affect you?
This change will only affect workflows where
- Custom data connectors are being used to send invalid dates
In the next section we explain how you can check your workflows
How can you prevent any issues with the upcoming change?
To avoid any inconvenience we recommend to review and if necessary revise your workflows and custom data connectors to make sure they are configured correctly.
- Check for date field assignments and make sure the year is valid (number between 1 and 9999).
If you are using custom data connectors that are sending dates:
- Revise the connector and the date fields:
- Open “ Services & Connectors” and look for connectors that include data with the type “date”
- Check the implementation of the connector and make sure that no invalid dates can be created.