Signavio Process Editor and Decision Manager: Changes in Version 8.3.0 (SaaS and On-Premise)
November 2nd 2014
New & Improved Features
- Advanced search and smart folders: When searching for diagrams and uploaded documents it is now possible to search for specific attribute values. For example, you can search for all diagrams with the process owner John Doe or containing an activity with risk level high. Furthermore, you can now search for content of uploaded documents like PDF , Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel documents. Customers of the Ultimate Edition can additionally save a search as a smart folder. For example, you can save a smart folder that always contains all diagrams that have been edited in the last week.
- Default formats for elements: In the notation configuration you can now set the default background color, border color, as well as font format for each element. Additionally, you can change the color palette that is available in the editor for editing the colors of elements and labels.
- Preview of the new BPM Collaboration Portal: The new portal is a complete redesign of the portal based on our experience and feedback from our customers. Via the portal configuration you can access a preview of the new portal and you can also activate it for your workspace (you can switch back to the old portal at any time). Please note that some feature are not yet available in the new portal (for example printing of diagrams). The new BPM Collaboration Portal will replace the old portal in the future.
- When creating a diagram with QuickModel you can now set the name of the organisation (that is used as the label of the pool).
- The report process characteristics with element details now also includes the element type for each element.
- The simulation result details for the total cycle time now includes information about execution times including resources and waiting times.
- Reports and process handbooks can now be created for up to 250 diagrams.
- For Signavio On-Premise Edition only:
- The approval workflow is now available for customers of the Ultimate On-Premise Edition.
- In some cases the activity feed is not available for a folder or diagram.
- The simulation Excel report does not consider process start frequencies.
- It is possible to overwrite a default attribute of an element type with a custom attribute by using the same name. In some cases this can cause problems, because of unexpected values.
- In some cases it is not possible to drag a new element on an existing control flow.
- On a low resolution display the dialog to generate a process handbook is too large and not completely visible.
- Merging two dictionary items only results in a feed activity that the remaining dictionary item has been changed, but not that the replaced dictionary item is deleted.