We are looking for a Sr. Java Developer to strengthen our development team in Berlin. You will help to continue to develop and improve our leading cloud-based business process modeling, decision modeling and workflow software.
Being part of a motivated team with flat hierarchies you know the importance of communication and feedback. You are appreciated for your engagement, your constructive input and your relentless drive to improve yourself, the product, and the company.
Specifically you will:
- Take a major role in the development of complex software components
- Design and implement new features to our backend
- Introduce new technologies and concepts by leading major refactoring initiatives
- Improve existing components
- Implement automated tests
- Work closely together with your frontend engineer teammates on API specifications
- Review the work of your teammates
You will be working on our flagship product, called Signavio Process Manager. It was the first SaaS-based process modelling tool in the world and a market-leading product today. Furthermore, it is also the product that generates the greatest commercial value for Signavio.
Further information can be found here: BPM Platform for Process Modeling - Signavio Process Manager
- In-depth experience in Java programming
- Experience in having the responsibility for complex software components
- Experience in Java frameworks like Hibernate and the Apache ecosystem
- A deep knowledge of software architecture and software design concepts
- A high appreciation of a good test coverage
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Very good communication skills in English, German is a plus
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative, with pair programming widely practiced and encouraged. It is all based on trust – no micromanaging, no distributed teams, no near-shoring, no offshoring – face to face communication is premium. That is why the whole development team is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin!
You are free to use the OS and IDE of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your workspace the way you like it.
Our engineers are self-organized within their teams, working on components and independent projects together and closely with product managers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them.
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible work hours. Work when you work best.
We support personal growth, both in and outside of the company. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning lunches, jours fixes, pizza sessions and our annual code camp.
Your point of contact