Signavio is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer (Java) to help us build the future of our Business Transformation Suite. In this role, you will be part of our development teams and take a leading role in driving new features with the aim of scaling our product offering. Based from our Berlin office, you will help set up our engineers for success through coaching and mentoring.
Our Suite is a powerful, all-in-one platform that enables businesses to model, analyze and optimize their processes. At Signavio you will be working with a team who values trust, respect, and diversity. What began as a small start-up is now a global player with a growing team working in offices in Germany, the United States, Singapore, the Netherlands, France, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams, enjoys collaborating and appreciates the importance of communication and feedback.
- Collaborate with other Leads to define long-term technical strategies in accordance with business needs
- Evaluate and implement new architectural approaches
- Drive technical excellence of new features and refactorings
- Guide and coach junior engineers, develop their skill set and provide regular feedback on progression
- Experience of complex and data intensive applications (ideally within the BPM / Workflow domain)
- A successful track record of challenging existing and defining new architectural standards with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrable leadership experience within an engineering environment where you were driving operational excellence and best practices as well as mentoring team members
- Experience with Java8, building secure web applications and ideally at least one of the following: MongoDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins and Circle CI
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative, with pair programming widely practised and encouraged.
You are free to use the OS and IDE of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your work space the way you like it.
We get that balancing family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible work hours. Work when you work best. Should you be relocating, we can discuss what assistance we can offer.
We support personal growth, both in and outside of the company. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning lunches, jour fixes, pizza sessions and our annual code camp. Each employee also benefits from 30 vacation days and an annual personal learning and development budget.
Your point of contact