Signavio is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer to help us build the future of our Business Transformation Suite. In this role, you will assure that your team is enabled to make technology decisions such as how to develop or integrate new features into their existing codebase and how to automate delivery and quality in the team.
At Signavio you will be working with a team who values trust, respect, and diversity. What began as a small start-up is now a global player with a growing team working in offices in Germany, the United States, Singapore, France, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams, enjoys collaborating and appreciates the importance of communication and feedback.
You will go ahead and make a huge impact in improving our leading cloud-based business process and decision modelling software. You will
- Help other developers learn and grow.
- Challenge existing and define new technical and architectural standards, in collaboration with other lead engineers.
- Ensure technical excellence in the team of your responsibility through code review and pair programming.
- Java 8, Hibernate, Resteasy, Mockito, TestNG, ELK
- AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Scrum & Kanban in empowered teams
- You love to reduce complexity.
- You are familiar with a broad range of modern concepts of software development and infrastructure setups.
- First-hand experience with the whole software life-cycle, from inception to operation in the cloud and are able to contribute to it and improve it.
- Pioneer new technical grounds but also embrace the legacy monolith.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices and mentoring other team members.
- You have in-depth and significant professional experience in finding simple solutions for complex software development problems.
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative, with pair programming widely practiced and encouraged. It is all based on trust – no micromanaging, no distributed teams, no near-shoring, no offshoring – face to face communication is premium. That is why the whole development team is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin!
You are free to use the OS and IDE of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your workspace the way you like it.
Our engineers are self-organized within their teams, working on components and independent projects together and closely with product managers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them.
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible work hours. Work when you work best.
We support personal growth, both in and outside of the company. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning lunches, jours fixes, pizza sessions and our annual code camp.
Your point of contact