We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to support Signavio's ongoing growth.
- You will be extending and maintaining the data warehouse, as well as contributing to the design of the database for new and existing services.
- You will support developers in improving the database query performance
- You will monitor the health of several live databases
- You will drive the Automation for the database engineers
- You will review the work of your teammates and other teams
- You have strong experience in migrating live databases
- You have experience in a complex multi-customer setup
- You have strong knowledge in MySQL, PostgreSQL and high availability environments and knowledge in at least one other database management system.
- You have solid development skills in at least one modern programming language
- You have knowledge in query optimization, in ORMs (e.g. Hibernate) and Linux
- You know why automation needs to be done
- You are team-player and have experience in working in an agile environment.
- Fluent in English
- Experience in CI/CD is a plus, e.g. Jenkins
- Experience with MongoDB is a plus
- Knowledge of HPMOR is a plus
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative, with pair programming widely practiced and encouraged. It is all based on trust – no micromanaging, no distributed teams, no near-shoring, no offshoring – face to face communication is premium. That is why the whole development team is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin!
You are free to use the OS and IDE of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your workspace the way you like it.
Our engineers are self-organized within their teams, working on components and independent projects together and closely with product managers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them.
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible work hours. Work when you work best.
We support personal growth, both in and outside of the company. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning lunches, jours fixes, pizza sessions and our annual code camp.
Your point of contact