Signavio became part of SAP, so we are adapting our product names.
From now on, we’ll use the new names SAP Signavio Process Manager and SAP Signavio Process Collaboration Hub. Signavio Workflow Accelerator is also renamed and now called SAP Signavio Process Governance.
- New with this release for SAP Signavio Process Manager and SAP Signavio Process Collaboration Hub (Classic):
- New with version 15.7.6
- With this on-premises release, we also released SAP Signavio Process Governance version 3.177
- Fixed bugs for SAP Signavio Process Manager and SAP Signavio Collaboration Hub (Classic)
- Fixed bugs for SAP Signavio Process Governance
New with this release for
SAP Signavio Process Manager and
SAP Signavio Process Collaboration Hub (Classic):
- In the editor toolbar, you can now ‘Show or hide the grid’ from the editor toolbar.
- For the ‘Process Documentation’, we’ve updated the instructions to create a table of contents.
- You can now add background colors for Organizational Units and Hierarchic Organizational Units.
- When you create a new dictionary item in the editor, in addition to the "Title" now the "Description" is also pre-filled from the attribute panel.
- We’ve improved the Live Insights feature as follows:
- We've renamed the shape repository Operational Insights to Live Insights.
- We’ve added five new shapes: Trend, Progress bar, Ring chart, Sentiment, and Value.
- We improved our server performance to speed up the Excel report creation when cell merging is activated.
- We’ve reduced the time for creating process documentation in PDF format.
- We have optimized the export and import of SGX files as follows:
- Exported SGX files are now smaller.
- The export of large amounts of models takes less time, especially when exporting all revisions.
- It also takes less time to import these files.
- We’ve increased the performance of the BPMN simulation for multiple-case scenarios. Now the simulation takes less time to run, and more complex models can be simulated.
- When you now reply to a comment, the reply has the same status as the original comment. If the original comment has been deleted in the meantime, the status of the reply is set to "rejected". The status of comments that aren't replies won't be changed.
- Workspace administrators can now restrict view access to specific dictionary categories. For details, see the user guide.
- We have also made the setting of access rights easier:
- From directories, they can limit access to subdirectories, and models and files contained in these subdirectories.
- From a parent dictionary category, they can restrict access to the subcategories.
- When you use our products embedded in third-party systems, from now on public or client-specific trusted domains must be used for embedding, to prevent clickjacking. If other domains are used, our embedded products are no longer accessible. For details, see the user guide.
SAP Signavio Process Manager for SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- We’ve extended the connector for SAP Solution Manager 7.2.
Imported Process Steps now also contain the following information:
- The link to the corresponding entry in the Process Step library of SAP Solution Manager
- The full folder path and link to their parent folder
- The links to the referenced executable transactions if these were imported beforehand and a corresponding link attribute is defined
- Workspace administrators can now copy existing process definitions from SAP Solution Manager 7.2 to SAP Signavio Process Manager. Imported are contained Process Steps, linked executables/transactions and the folder structure. For details, see the user guide.
- To prevent the creation of duplicates, processes that were exported from Process Manager are ignored when copying processes from SAP Solution Manager.
- We’ve extended the import of executables into the dictionary. Read more on the import in this section. Dictionary entries now include the following details:
- Name and description
- Link to the original executable transaction
- Link to the parent folder
- The user interface is now also available in Spanish, Korean, Chinese (traditional and simplified) and Japanese.
New with version 15.7.6
- We added a new audit log, see user guide for details.
- After you have installed the version 15.7.6, you have to use the latest SAML 2.0 version for authentication. The update requires that you update your identity provider (IdP) configuration.
The classic version of the SAP Signavio Process Manager editor is no longer available. From now on, all users are switched to the new version, it is no longer possible to use the classic version. For a description of the new editor, see the user guide.
To ensure full compatibility of our products with modern browsers, the support of Internet Explorer 11 was deprecated.
Import of Visio files is no longer supported.
Fixed bugs for this version are listed below.
With this on-premises release, we also released
SAP Signavio Process Governance version 3.177
- If you are using SAP Signavio Process Governance together with SAP Signavio Process Manager, check the compatibility list to make sure the systems’ versions are compatible with each other. We recommend updating both systems to the latest available versions.
- To update SAP Signavio Process Governance from a version prior to 3.72, you must first update the system to version 3.72 before you can update to version 3.177. Read more about this in the update note for version 3.129
New with this release:
- We’ve added the option to use duration type variables in user tasks for the following:
- Reminder time definitions
This means you can now control when reminder mails are sent, based on variables set within the process.
- As escalation time definitions
This allows dynamic escalation of tasks, based on variables set within the process.
- Reminder time definitions
- We’ve added the option to use user type variables in user tasks for the following:
- as escalation targets. This allows dynamic escalation of tasks to a set of users, based on variables set within the process.
- as candidates. This allows dynamic assignments of tasks to a set of users, based on variables set within the process.
- We’ve added a throttling service to activity executions for workflow instances. The maximum number of executions for activities is 900 in a 5 minute time frame. If a workflow instance exceeds the time frame, the execution pauses for 10 minutes and resumes.
- We improved a misleading tool tip for reminders in user tasks.
- In the Analytics tab, we added a hint for using filters to the CSV export dialog.
- The maximum size for an email to be sent from Process Governance is 10 MB including attachments. If the email can't be sent because it exceeds maximum size, it’s sent without attachments.
- We have improved the confirmation when you delete a process, now text that starts or ends with white spaces is accepted as valid confirmation text.
- We added auto-save on lists fields, you no longer need to click “add” every time. This is limited to fields with values you enter directly, without any additional selection. For example, multi-line texts or date time fields are not included yet.
- It is now easier to select earlier years when adding a date.
- We’ve improved our single sign-on (SSO) setup. When you’ve logged in using a password and you switch to an organization that has password-login disabled, you are now forced to re-login with your SAP Signavio Process Manager account. That way we want to ensure that users can only access restricted organizations when they’ve signed in using the company identity provider
- We have updated our form field design. You'll find the new forms in tasks and form triggers for now, updates in other areas will follow. The fresh look and feel of forms also improves the error indication and enables drag and drop for files.
Fixed bugs for SAP Signavio Process Manager and SAP Signavio Collaboration Hub (Classic)
For the user synchronization between SAP Signavio Process Manager and SAP Signavio Process Governance, we've fixed the following bugs:
- Synchronizing users, who have multiple licenses, would only assign the users from the first license pool with a SAP Signavio Process Governance license.
- User synchronization for approval workflows would only complete successfully when running the synchronization twice.
For the explorer, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- Diagrams which have the default value (false) for a boolean attribute are no longer excluded from the results of an advanced search.
- We improved the text of a tooltip in the search field of the explorer to make it clearer.
- Processes couldn’t be exported to SAP Solution Manager. This happened when default formats were configured for modeling elements in Process Manager.
- When users selected traditional Chinese as the language for their account, the wrong language was displayed in Process Manager.
For export and import, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- After renaming a diagram, the wrong diagram name was applied, for example to the PDF export or the creation of a process documentation report.
- ADONIS imports failed for diagrams containing blank intermediate events. We’ve fixed this.
- DMN diagrams with multi-instance decisions exported as XML were incomplete and couldn’t be imported into rules execution engines.
- For some workspaces, the result of a BPMN simulation couldn’t be exported.
- The BPMN XML import failed when the attribute operationRef was used for SendTask elements. The BPMN XML export failed when messages were defined without a name.
For the editor, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- Hyphenation didn't work for tasks with long names when the editor was used in English or German.
- We fixed a warning in the modeling conventions which falsely stated that values of element attributes don’t match the linked dictionary item.
- If a modeling convention makes it mandatory to specify the "task type" attribute for task elements, the convention check found no violations of this convention.
- We’ve fixed a bug that prevented uploading XML documents to the editor.
- In some places of the user interface the DMN version 1.1 was mentioned, although we already support version 1.2.
- The icons in the toolbar of the editor no longer overlap.
- In the case of text attributes, images are now recognized as attribute values by the modeling conventions.
- When the UI language was EN-GB, custom attributes weren’t editable.
- In the editor, modeling users could link data objects to message flows, which the BPMN standard doesn’t allow. Linking data objects to message flows is no longer possible.
- We’ve fixed a bug that caused the modelling conventions check to fail when single diagram attributes had no value.
- Date values in the editor and in the dictionary were displayed in a different format than specified in the configuration.
- Sometimes, in diagrams the title and attributes were no longer displayed in the default language of the workspace. This happened after translations with PO files were imported.
For the dictionary, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- Importing an Excel file that updates dictionary entries which contain unmapped description fields, removes the description attribute of the updated entries.
- When updating dictionary items with the Excel import function, attributes with empty values in the XLS weren’t considered and therefore not updated.
- In the case of long-running dictionary imports, it was sometimes indicated that the import had failed although the import is still running.
- When a single dictionary item was corrupted, the dictionary export failed or didn’t export all entries.
- We’ve optimized performance in the dictionary configuration so that changing categories holding a large amount of entries now takes significantly less time.
- Searches for dictionary items with the German special characters (ä, ö, ü) in the title or descriptions didn’t return any results.
- After merging dictionary entries, models that used the old entries were no longer found when searching for the new entry.
- Users with view access to a subcategory of the dictionary but without access to the associated main category could not access the subcategory. We’ve fixed this. The main category and the subcategory are now displayed, only the elements of the subcategory are visible to the users.
- We fixed a bug that caused dictionary entries to not merge properly in multilingual workspaces.
- When importing dictionary entries in Excel format, attributes of the type document/URL weren’t updated.
- In the dictionary, long descriptions weren’t displayed correctly when a background color was set.
For reports, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- Sometimes, an empty RACI matrix was exported when an activity had no name.
- When exporting a simulation report to an Excel output, the duration cells and language would have incorrect formats.
- When running a Process Model Metric Report on advanced search criteria and exporting the results to Excel, not all objects were included in the Excel report.
- The parallel gateway is now included in the ‘Process characteristics’ report.
- For reports in Excel format, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- Reports no longer contain the company name that is configured in user profiles as the name of their company or organization. Now, the name of the organization owning the workspace is used. Administrators defined it in the general workspace configuration.
- Instead of the character ‘&’, reports contained the HTML character reference ‘&’.
- For the process documentation, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- In Word or PDF format, the formatting of descriptions was lost. This happened when descriptions were taken over from dictionary entries.
- Now, large diagram images are resized so that they fit on one page.
- Custom attributes were missing in the PDF report. This happened when the report included linked subprocesses.
- In multi language workspaces, fields in the process cost analysis and resource consumption analysis were empty. This happened if names were available for tasks in the main language but not for the selected language of a report. If a task name in a language is missing, the name in the main language is always used in the report.
- The report for risks and controls now populates each row with risk attribute values, even if the same values are already in a previous row. For repeating process steps and risks, cell merging and greying out cell text also works correctly now.
- In rare cases, users couldn’t activate or deactivate the process documentation template when Process Manager was embedded in a webpage.
- In process documentation reports, tables and lists were not formatted correctly.
- We’ve fixed a bug that caused the creation of the risk management report to fail when single risk and control attributes had no value.
- If a smart folder contained more than 250 diagrams, not all diagrams were included when generating reports.
- Risk management reports contained descriptions from linked dictionary entries in the wrong language. This happened when creating the report in a language that isn’t the standard language of the workspace.
- For the process documentation, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- The formatting of descriptions was lost. This happened when lanes inherited the description of the pool or a description was taken over from a dictionary entry.
- The process documentation contained the wrong language. This happened for the values of multi-line attributes in multi-language workspaces.
- The text alignment setting for the subtitle in the process documentation template wasn’t applied when the process documentation was created.
- For the process characteristics report, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- The report sometimes contained two IDs in the ID column for the diagram level, the model ID and a shape ID. We’ve removed the shape ID.
- Date values in the report were wrong.
For workspace administration, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- Copying a notation subset which contains elements from both the ‘Basic Shapes’ and ‘Live Insights’ sets, wouldn't copy the ‘Live Insights’ elements.
- Events in the notification and activity feed of folders or diagrams were displayed in the wrong order.
- Sometimes administrators couldn’t delete a user if that user had multiple models, files, folders, and associated parent folders in the trash.
- In the access rights management, administrators could only access the first 20 access rights definitions for a folder or dictionary category.
- We’ve improved the user synchronization between SAP Signavio Process Manager and SAP Signavio Process Governance. To prevent performance issues, workspace administrators now can run one synchronization activity at a time per workspace.
For the SAP Solution Manager connector, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- The connection indicator on the configuration page disappeared when the target Solution Manager server could not be reached at all, for example when a wrong URL was given. This kind of error is now indicated correctly.
- When processes were copied from SAP Solution Manager, the processes were copied to the folder “Solution-Branch-timestamp” and another folder named "Solution Manager Copy'' was created for each subsequent copying process. The second folder is no longer created. Some translations were missing in the configuration interface of the connector for SAP Solution Manager. We’ve added them.
- The number of processes and items exported to SAP Solution Manager wasn’t displayed in the summary message.
For Collaboration Hub, we’ve fixed the following bugs:
- Approval workflows still contained links to the commenting feature of the classic edition of Process Manager. Now, the links direct users to the new commenting feature in the Collaboration Hub preview.
If you have approval workflows with old links and want to update these links, restart the approval workflow.
- New or edited dictionary entries weren’t displayed on the home page even with the automatic publishing mode.
- The invitation link to Collaboration Hub now works even if the authentication method isn’t configured.
- Value shapes wouldn't display in SAP Signavio Collaboration Hub. This happened when no unit was configured in the linked widget.
- Models restored from the trash weren’t displayed in Collaboration Hub, even if they were published.
- In the published mode of Collaboration Hub, sometimes the search function showed an error instead of results.
- We’ve fixed a bug that prevented Collaboration Hub from loading in multilingual workspaces.
- Diagrams couldn’t be printed as PDFs. This happened when users who were invited to comment on a diagram added the author or the creation date to the printout.
Fixed bugs for SAP Signavio Process Governance
- Set model state activities occasionally did not set the state in SAP Signavio Process Manager and stopped the execution.
- When script tasks had to be retried automatically, sometimes this did not automatically restart the execution.
- For tables in reports, the size of the table header and the rest of the column didn’t always match when a column was resized.
- In the DMN Task configuration, the name of a selected diagram wasn’t always displayed if there was a large number of diagrams available.
- In document templates, not all variables were replaced with their values.
- We improved a misleading tool tip for the selection of DMN task diagrams.
- In the DMN task, the diagram selection search didn’t work properly.
- The calendar event task sends out notifications again for events you created.
- Popups containing links closed so fast that links couldn’t be clicked.
- Changes to the signature of escalation emails were ignored.
- Changes to the signature of reminder emails were ignored.
- Wrong translations were displayed in the user interface of public forms. We have corrected them.
- Sometimes a process couldn’t be deleted due to the characters used in the name.
- When a value in a number field for multiple entries was out of range, no error was shown.
- For emails with an HTML attachment, no email body was shown.
- When a value in a number field was out of range, no error was shown.
- Dictionary categories couldn’t be removed if their names started or ended with white spaces.
- Public forms showed some English placeholders on German forms.
- Document template tasks could break templates if they contained empty rich text bindings.
- Exporting a large set of data as a CSV file could fail in some cases.
- Text fields with the option “multiline” sometimes covered the “Add” button with text.
- Loading task lists failed for extensive tasks lists.
- Public forms that allowed the upload of multiple files showed an error message after the first file was uploaded.
- When you entered a very long URL in a link field, the field shifted to the right.
- It was not possible to format field descriptions with Markdown.
- In some drop-down lists, it wasn't possible to select anything.
- It wasn’t possible to download files from a file field with multiple entries.
- Selecting more than one user in a row was not possible , the selection field no longer responded after the first user was added.
- Now, setting a money field amount or number field to “NaN” will be considered as no value set.
- The email trigger field “from” didn’t show the sender email address.
- Email attachments with non-UTF8 characters weren’t displayed properly on the receiver’s end.
- Script task executions could fail when too many tasks were executed in a short time frame.
- In some cases it was not possible to download files from public forms.
- Default values for file fields could not be displayed in public form triggers.
- Multi-Instance-Tasks with boolean output results did not work.
- It was not possible to set 0 as a value for number fields.
- Choice fields did not allow multiple selections for the same value.
- Choice options with empty names caused the application to crash.
- When searching for values in connector fields, no results were shown if the desired value was not loaded as part of the first group of options.
- When you entered a value in a connector value field, the value was set but the name of the option wasn’t shown.
- It wasn’t possible to add a value in Email and Link fields if the fields were configured as lists.
- When you added something in an email field, the first keystroke wasn’t inserted.