Signavio is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (Java) to help us build the future of our Business Transformation Suite. Based from our Berlin office, you will be part of our development teams and take a vital role in driving new features with the aim of scaling our product offering.
Our Suite is a powerful, all-in-one platform that enables businesses to model, analyze and optimize their processes. At Signavio you will be working with a team who values trust, respect, and diversity. What began as a small start-up is now a global player with a growing team working in offices in Germany, the United States, Singapore, the Netherlands, France, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams, enjoys collaborating and appreciates the importance of communication and feedback.
- Building prototypes to determine feasibility of new features and requirements
- Implementing new features: including analysis of requirements, discovering independent work packages and clearly communicating progress with stakeholders
- Selecting new technologies (when appropriate) and defining the migration path
- Challenge the status quo by improving the architecture, security and quality of our products
- Improve existing components
- Implement automated tests
- Review and support the work of your teammates
- Recent experience with Java 8 or 11, building secure web applications and ideally at least one of the following: MongoDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- An understanding of data intensive and complex applications (ideally within the BPM / Workflow domain)
- Ability to make architectural changes to extend the system for new requirements
- A high appreciation of a good test coverage
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Very good communication skills in English
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative, with pair programming widely practised and encouraged.
You are free to use the OS and IDE of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your work space the way you like it.
We understand that balancing family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible work hours. Work when you work best. Should you be relocating, we can discuss what assistance we can offer.
We support personal growth, both in and outside of the company. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning lunches, jour fixes, pizza sessions and our annual code camp. Each employee also benefits from 30 vacation days and an annual personal learning and development budget.
Your point of contact