We are looking for a professional development enabler, who measures and assures that people are aware of their own performance and have the opportunities to grow and develop over time.
Therefore we are looking for a People Lead in Berlin.
This unique opportunity is the right role for talented strong leaders, who can implement people leadership and drive the organization into that direction.
In this role you specifically will:
- Leading the professional development of the individuals working in one of our cross-functional product development teams.
- Defining KPIs and metrics of success for each individual in their role
- Assessing individuals’ performances in relation to the expectations of the role
- Providing guidance in personal and professional development and supporting individuals by the appropriate choice of training.
- Collecting 360 degree feedback and conducting coaching for further development
- Negotiating career development, promotions and salary
- Responsible for the recruitment of Engineers, Designers and Product Owners of one product team.
- Proven experience as a People Lead or similar roles
- Understanding technology and agile software development principles
- In-depth experience in recruiting, ideally within engineering teams
- Experience in implementing learning and development programs and growing individuals within a company
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team, ideally agile cross-functional software development teams
- You have experience in mediation and a coaching mentality
- Your strong interpersonal skills will facilitate you to influence engineers and communicate effectively
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- A degree in a related area
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative, with pair programming widely practiced and encouraged. It is all based on trust – no micromanaging, no distributed teams, no near-shoring, no offshoring – face to face communication is premium. That is why the whole development team is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin!
You are free to use the OS and IDE of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your workspace the way you like it.
Our engineers are self-organized within their teams, working on components and independent projects together and closely with product managers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them.
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible work hours. Work when you work best.
We support personal growth, both in and outside of the company. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning lunches, jours fixes, pizza sessions and our annual code camp.
Apply for this position!
Your point of contact