Signavio is looking for a Data Scientist with experience in backend and data engineering to work with our innovation team to build futuristic solutions for our Business Transformation Suite and customers.
The research & innovation team evaluates cutting-edge technologies and state of the art research in machine learning and artificial intelligence, iterates over proof of concepts fast and creates value for customers by implementing minimum viable products that keep Signavio a hard-hitting player in the industry.
With tons of real customer data at hand, you will be working on actual customer pain points and innovative projects with the option of outcomes being integrated into the Signavio Business Transformation Suite.
Our Suite is a powerful, all-in-one platform that enables businesses to model, analyze and optimize their processes. At Signavio you will be working with a team who values trust, respect, and diversity. What began as a small start-up is now a global player with a growing team working in offices in Germany, the United States, Singapore, the Netherlands, France, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams, enjoys collaborating, is not afraid of bootstrapping projects and appreciates the importance of communication and feedback.
- Applying Data Science and Design Thinking principles to understand our customers’ challenges and create innovative product ideas.
- Develop and deploy various machine learning algorithms.
- Understanding and applying latest academic research to real world scenarios and products.
- Building prototypes based on customer scenarios to validate product ideas.
- Working together with other engineering teams to transfer prototypes into core product capabilities.
- Working closely with Product Leads, Solution Engineers and customers themselves.
- Topics of work include A/B testing for processes, simulation, benchmarking, social skill analysis, prediction and correlation in various aspects.
- Shipping and operating implementations in our SaaS environments based on Kubernetes and Docker
- Ability to work directly with customers.
- Hands on experience in applying superior data science techniques (e.g. statistical modeling, machine learning, NLP, information extraction, recommender systems, time-series analysis, etc.) .
- Experience in agile environments
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Expertise in analytical tools and programming languages including: R, Python or similar
- Strong analytical, communication, data visualisation skills and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, you show initiative and enjoy being part of a great team in an international organisation.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science.
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative, with pair programming widely practiced and encouraged. It is all based on trust – no micromanaging, no distributed teams, no nearshoring, no offshoring – face to face communication is premium. That is why the whole development team is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin!
You are free to use the OS and IDE of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your workspace the way you like it.
Our engineers are self-organised within their teams, working on components and independent projects together and closely with product managers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them.
We get that balancing family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible work hours. Work when you work best!
We support personal growth, both in and outside of the company. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning lunches, jours fixes, pizza sessions and our annual code camp.
Your point of contact