New / Improved Functions
Process data analysis
We’ve improved the widgets as follows:
- In the Process Discovery widget, you can now choose metrics to display on the diagrams' activities. Read more in this section.
We’ve improved the metrics as follows:
- Now, different aggregation types are available for calculating the metrics. When creating custom metrics, you need to specify whether to aggregate data over cases or over events. Existing custom metrics automatically receive the "over cases" aggregation type. Read more on the aggregation types and examples in this section.
- To help you find metrics faster, metrics are now displayed alphabetically in the metrics library, the widget configuration dialog, and in the widgets Process Discovery and Variant Explorer.
We’ve improved the insights feature as follows:
- To save you some clicks, we’ve removed the extra editing mode for insights. To edit an insight, you click it and can change any field directly now. Read more on insight editing in this section.
- To provide the full context of a saved insight, the filters used in an investigation or widget are stored in the insight. You can view all applied filters when you open an insight. Read more on insights in this section.
Widgets that will be phased out
The Variable Importance/Relate widget is being discontinued. To give you more time to prepare for the change, we have extended the phase-out period. Now, the widget will no longer be available as of January 2023.
Phase out schedule:
- Until the end of September 2022, users can use the widget as usual.
- From October to the end of December 2022, existing widgets will remain in investigations, with their analysis results being updated every time the widget is re-loaded. But, users can't create new widgets of this type or edit existing ones.
- Starting January 2023, existing Variable Importance/Relate widgets will be removed from all investigations.
As an alternative to the widget, you can use the insights feature. When generating automated insights, the correlation of all case level attributes with numerical values is calculated. The strongest correlations are then displayed as insights. Read more on insights in this section.
ETL data pipelines
We’ve extended the ETL scheduler. This will affect your scheduled pipelines and, as a result, lead to outdated data in investigations. The new version of the ETL scheduler provides you with a better overview and control of when and how data extractions and transformations are scheduled. It consists of two components:
- One scheduler for integrations, which you can use to schedule data extractions
- One scheduler for data models, with which you can schedule complete pipeline executions or only the transformation and loading steps
Any scheduler that was configured prior to this release will be automatically turned into a scheduler for integrations. This means it will continue to extract data from the source system, but it won’t transform and load the data into the linked process. To fix your scheduled pipelines, you need to deactivate existing schedules in your integrations and configure the new schedules at data model level. Read how to do that in this section. Read about schedulers for integrations in this section and about schedulers for data models in this section.
We've extended the connectivity capabilities as follows:
- With the new ingestion API you can upload data from any source system into SAP Signavio Process Intelligence. For that, we’ve also introduced a new data source and integration type. The API includes:
- A single endpoint to define the schema and ingest CSV files
- A status API to get the state of ingestions
- Ingestion logs show the ingestion history of any integration. Read how to set up data ingestion in this section and find the API reference in this section.
We’ve improved the transformation and load of data as follows:
- We’ve re-designed the user interface for data modeling:
- All elements of a data model, for example linked integrations and data sources, are now displayed on an infinite canvas, visualizing the data flow and providing quick access to business objects and event collectors.
- Data model configurations are accessible using the new tab navigation on top of the canvas.
- To allow faster troubleshooting, you can now cancel pipeline executions without waiting. Read how to cancel executions in this section.
SAP Signavio analytics language (SIGNAL)
- We’ve introduced the CASE WHEN expression. You can use it to check multiple conditions and enrich data with additional calculated attributes. The expression comes with 5 new reserved keywords - CASE, WHEN, THEN, ELSE, and END. If an event log contains attributes with names that correspond to one or more of these keywords, then widgets with queries referencing these attributes can break. To fix the widgets, add quotation marks around these attributes or their aliases in the queries. Read how to use the expression in this section.
We’ve extended SIGNAL as follows:
- With the new BUCKET() function, you can find groupings in continuous data, especially numeric and time-based data. This helps you to spot trends or uncover opportunities. You can use it to generate histograms and group table-based data. Read how to use this function in this section.
SAP Signavio Process Accelerators
- We’ve added the following new data transformation templates:
- We’ve added 6 new metrics to the metric library for Attract-to-Aquire-Talent in SAP Successfactors.
Read how to use data transformation templates in this section and how to work with metrics in this section.
The documentation of data transformation templates and metrics is only available on request. To request access, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Highlighting variants in the Variant Explorer widget works again as expected.
- In the Process Conformance widget, sorting the variant list didn’t work correctly. Also, incorrect attribute values were displayed. We’ve fixed this.
- We’ve fixed some errors in the following metrics for the Order-to-Cash process in SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA:
- Rejected sales document items
- Return order items created
- Deleted sales document items
- Automation rate: sales document creation
Find the metrics overview in this section.