Signavio is looking for a Principal Design Lead to direct our in-house team of 5 UX/UI Designers to deliver awesome products across the Signavio Business Transformation Suite. In this role, you will be the voice of product design, making sure we ask the right questions, continuously deliver customer-centric solutions and raise the bar in terms of the overall user experience and design.
At Signavio you will be working with a team who values trust, respect, and diversity. What began as a small start-up is now a global player with a growing team working in offices in Germany, the United States, Singapore, France, Australia, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. We are looking for people who share our passion for designing products that people love to use.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well across functions, enjoys collaborating and appreciates the importance of communication and feedback.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish and evaluate product design capabilities and processes across all our products.
- Help define career paths and learning plans for our designers.
- Coach and mentor our designers to reach their full potential.
- Support designers across all product teams in establishing a community of practice, ensuring we grow and develop our internal capabilities.
- Raise our standards of what makes great user experience to our B2B users.
- Lead the methodology and execution of user testing across our product suite.
- Challenge our leadership and agile teams to iterate fast and to test early.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Your experience demonstrates confidence and expertise through the entire product design process (User Experience, User Interface, User Research) with at least one year in a leadership role.
- A successful track record of mentoring, coaching and recruiting designers (ideally where UX/UI designers were distributed into cross-functional teams).
- Able to work with senior stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Deep understanding of and commitment to user-centered and agile design principles.
- Your portfolio will showcase consumer-focused software products in the B2B domain.
- The ability to clearly communicate and explain design decisions will come naturally to you.
- Fluency in English, German is a plus.
What we offer
Signavio is a fast-growing company that offers a place for everyone to contribute and succeed. We keep things open, agile and communicative, with pair programming widely practiced and encouraged. It is all based on trust – no micromanaging, no distributed teams, no nearshoring, no offshoring – face to face communication is premium. That is why the whole development team is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin!
You are free to use the OS and IDE of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and setup your workspace the way you like it.
Our engineers are self-organized within their teams, working on components and independent projects together and closely with Product Managers and Designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them.
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone (family or no family) gets flexible work hours. Work when you work best. We support personal growth, both in and outside of the company. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning lunches, jours fixes, pizza sessions, and our annual code camp.